Denver Arts & Venues Accepting Nominations for Mayor's Awards for Excellence in Arts & Culture
Nominations for the 2017 Mayor’s Awards for Excellence in Arts & Culture are now being accepted through Friday, Sept. 1.
In the spirit of IMAGINE 2020 – Denver’s Cultural Plan, Mayor Michael B. Hancock will recognize individuals and organizations that make significant and lasting contributions to the artistic, cultural and creative landscape in the City and County of Denver. The awards will be announced in November.
Visit the Denver Arts & Venues website to submit nominations (self-nominations are accepted) in the following categories:
Panel Selected Awards
• Arts & Culture Youth Award – This award is presented to a person under 18 that has made a noteworthy difference in the community through the arts or an organization that has significantly impacted the lives of youth in the City and County of Denver through the arts.
• Arts & Culture Impact Award – This award is presented to an individual or an organization that has made a significant and lasting impact on arts and culture in the City and County of Denver. This category requires that the nominee have at least 10 years of history in the arts in the City and County of Denver.
• Arts & Culture Innovation Award – This award is presented to the individual or organization that is breaking new ground in the arts and whose contribution to innovation in the arts has been significant in 2017.
• Arts & Culture Global Award – This award is presented to an individual or organization that has brought Denver’s arts and culture to the national or world stage. Nominees for this category have received national or international recognition through collaboration, media coverage or grant dollars received.
• IMAGINE 2020 – An individual or organization that exemplifies the vision and goals of Denver’s cultural plan through their programs and initiatives. This individual or organization is setting an example for others to aspire to as we IMAGINE 2020.