Creative Sector Leadership
Dance Industry Day at the Arts Complex - Photo by Ocean Exile
CREATIVE SECTOR LEADERSHIP
As the City’s arts and cultural agency, we have a responsibility to support the creative community in metro Denver and throughout Colorado. We partner with agencies, non-profits and cultural funders to facilitate a collective path forward with more access and opportunity for artists and arts organizations to thrive.
- Advocacy: Liaison/advocate for artist community, cultural and creative sector, the Mayor, City agencies, the State, Denver Commission on Cultural Affairs and partner organizations
- Education: Invest in education: Bringing national talent to join recognized cultural leaders in local panels for free educational series targeting artists and organizations
- Research & Strategy: Invest in research: Local industry research strategies for live/work spaces for artists, cultural sector data studies, local arts consumption and Denver's Cultural Plans
- Funding: Administer Denver’s Tier III SCFD funds, Federal relief funding, investments in City-wide cultural initiatives, collective funds and our own grants
- Services: Invest in artist resources, waive rental and operational fees at our venues, sponsor programs led by other cultural groups and organizations
DENVER'S CULTURAL PLAN
Learn how this strategic vision helps guide support for arts, culture and creativity now and into the future.
THROUGH AN EQUITY LENS
We are deeply committed to an equity, diversity and inclusion practice that closes access gaps in arts and culture with urgency and accountability.
Denver Commission on Cultural Affairs
The Denver Commission on Cultural Affairs supports the Mayor and serves four major roles for Denver Arts & Venues: oversee the 1% for Public Art program, serve as trustees of Denver’s cultural commitment, advise on arts and cultural issues and act as ambassadors to the community.
Denver County Cultural Council
The Denver County Cultural Council is the grant review council authorized by the State of Colorado and appointed by Denver City Council to distribute Denver's Tier III Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD) funds.