Colorado Open Records Act

Denver Arts & Venues (A&V) is an agency of the City and County of Denver and will make public records available in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Colorado Open Records Act (“CORA”), Colorado Revised Statutes §24-72-201, et seq.  

A&V follows the City and County of Denver’s CORA Fee Policy found here:

Please read through the following information to determine if a CORA request is necessary, and if A&V is the appropriate agency to request documentation from.  


Requests made under the Colorado Open Records Act must be made in writing and must include the following:  

  • Requestor’s full name, address and telephone number
  • Subject matter to be searched in as descriptive terms as possible 
  • Dates of search
  • Types of documents to be searched (email, written documents, reports, etc.)
  • A statement that the request is made pursuant to the provisions of the Colorado Open Records Act, Colorado Revised Statutes §24-72-201, et seq. 

If you are unable to provide a request in writing due to a disability, please contact the Denver Office for Disability Rights for assistance.
TTY: (720) 913-8475 
Fax: (720) 913-8470 


Staff will attempt to provide records in the form in which they are used by A&V. Generally, staff will not manipulate data to generate a record in another form with the exception of those specific elements in materials such as a public solicitation proposal administered by A&V where a proposal has been designated by the proposer as Business or Trade Secrets and plainly marked “Trade Secrets”, “Confidential”, “Proprietary”, or “Trade Secret.”  

Scoring evaluations from a public solicitation are a deliberative process and privileged information. A&V shall withhold such documentation pursuant to the deliberative process privilege, and if necessary provide an affidavit asserting the privilege.


The Denver City Charter names the Office of the Clerk and Recorder as the official custodian for all contracts and agreements for the City and County of Denver. If you are requesting one of these documents please submit a CORA request to the Clerk and Recorder. 

Office of the Clerk and Recorder 

Call: 720-865-8400 or 311 

Requests for records held by other city departments will be declined and customers will be referred to the department(s) believed to be custodians of the records.

Fill out my online form.