Events & Programs
Art Drop Day Denver
Some 2018 Art Drop Day highlights:
- Art was hidden by Denver City Council members and Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock
- Almost 500 pieces of artwork were hidden and found
- Art included - sculpture, music, pottery, fiber arts, metal works, jewelry, photography, prints, books, paintings, and even concert and theatre tickets.
- Some of our favorite moments below:
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: World Art Drop Day – (First Tuesday in September) – September 3, 2019
- Art Drop Day is the brain-child of Jake Parker of Provo, UT. His goal was to help people feel a little more connected to one another and to create random bonds between strangers through the act of creating and giving. World Art Drop Day is the first Tuesday in September of every year. The 2019 Art Drop Day will happen Sept. 3.
- Denver Arts & Venues wants to build momentum for Art Drop Day in and around Denver. We are encouraging artists to participate by dropping art throughout the Denver area.
- Not an artist? You can participate by watching social media channels and getting out there to find hidden art throughout our great city! Be on the lookout for clues to where you can find artwork such as miniature “Blue Bears” throughout Denver.
- You can follow along on Denver Arts & Venues' Facebook page and the World Art Drop Day website. Or join our Art Drop Denver Facebook group. You can also find out where art has been hidden in Denver by searching social media with the hashtag #ArtDropDenver
Here is how Art Drop works
- Register for Art Drop Day Denver – tell us how you plan to participate by filling out the form below
- Invite your friends, family and fans to join in on the fun
- Make art (sculpture, drawing, doodle, painting, cartoon, etc.)
- Attach World Art Drop Day info sheet to your artwork
- Hide/drop the art in the city where you find yourself on September 3
- Take a photo of the art, or the hiding spot, or a combination of both
- Post the image, the city it’s dropped in and hints on social media of your choice – use hash tags #artdropday and #artdropdenver, and post clues in the Art Drop Denver Facebook group
- Move on and wait for someone to find your artwork – or hang out, watch and make a new friend!
Want to know more? Check out our FAQ page.