Denver Arts & Venues is an agency of the City & County of Denver. For job postings, contact Career Service Authority Jobline at 720-913-5627 or visit www.denvergov.org/jobs.
For Food Service/Concession jobs, contact Centerplate at www.centerplate.com or Aramark Sports Entertainment at 303-697-4939 x122.
For security jobs contact Argus Event Staffing at 303-799-1140.
For Parking Attendant jobs contact Central Parking at (800) 836-6666.
To volunteer, contact Brooke Dilling at [email protected].
Denver Arts & Venues is seeking a Five Points Jazz Festival Operations Manager. This position is a part time contract position from January 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020. To apply – email [email protected]. Please include resume, cover letter, references and requested salary/project rate of pay.
The Five Points Jazz Festival is a one-day festival that takes place on the 3rd Saturday of May in the Historic Five Points Cultural District from 25th and Welton to 29th and Welton. Five Points was once considered the Harlem of the West. Festival attendance in 2019 was close to 100,000 attendees. Fifty bands performed on 12 stages. The festival footprint includes both indoor and outdoor venues. Strong candidates will have an extensive background in festival management that includes expertise in festival security and emergency management.
- Work closely with Strategic Partnerships and Community Programming Specialist and festival planning committee to create festival footprint and maps, road closures, outdoor staging and venue needs, load-in and load out coordination, community impact and on-site operations with a focus on safety
- Work closely with Strategic Partnerships and Community Programming Specialist on fencing needs and fencing set up, including entrance gates and locations of emergency exits
- Assist with the development of a festival signage plan
- Work closely with contracted security to develop a plan for entrance gates, and overall festival security
- Assist with updating festival emergency plan and training of all staff and volunteers on the plan
- Create, manage and distribute operational information for the Festival Team
- Maintain overall festival timeline for the full event cycle
- Assist in the management of subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute the festival including security team and police, and event set-up team (tables, tents, chairs).
- Along with other festival staff, maintain strong relationships with non-profit partners, sponsors, community stakeholders and partners including indoor venues, the business improvement district, city council district office, residents, businesses, and land owners within and around event site.
- Maintain weekly and monthly forms of communication with teams and maintain standards for communication and accountability
- Maintain all critical documents including venue grid, updating of load-in and out maps, emergency plans and weekly meeting agendas and timeline maintenance
- Co-facilitate emergency plan meetings March - May
- Manage load-in and load-outs, road closures, barricade placements, stage and signage placements, and overall festival footprint security during the festival
- Attend Jazz Festival Committee and community meetings
- Be on-call during pre-festival week to respond to emergencies and unexpected changes
- Complete post-festival written report
- Contribute to post-festival wrap-up efforts as defined by Strategic Partnerships and Community Programming Specialist
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes and will have had proven success and excellence in:
- Experience with helping to execute large-scale events or festivals for 2+ years
- Expertise on festival security and emergency planning
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Time Management Skills – ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in various stages of planning at the same time and to prioritize work to achieve maximum productivity
- Communications Skills – ability to communicate with a variety of personalities across a multitude of departments and in a professional and appropriate manner
- Must be a self-starter and self motivated. Always be looking for a way to solve the problems that are identified.
- Problem-Solving Skills – ability to find creative and resourceful solutions to challenges
- Must be a team player committed to constant improvement and creative approach to working in new situations.
- Able to work long hours with an intense work pace
- Ability to complete timely response to multiple and simultaneous emails, voicemails and requests
- Computer/technology skills – high-level computer literacy, proficient in excel, word, power point
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work within a budget while maximizing low/no-cost resources
• Flexible, creative, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of humor
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and respond to shifting needs
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility in scheduling and work hours; responsive to unpredictable workflow