Discretionary Funding Grants
The Denver County Cultural Council (DCCC) has allocated the 2023 Discretionary Fund pool towards the advancement of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) of Tier III organizations. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Grants are designed to address the organization’s commitment to executing actions that operationalize these values within the organization and further support communities that have been historically marginalized including Black, Indigenous, Latino/e/x, Asian American and Pacific Islander, people of color or people of the global majority, people with disabilities and LGBTQIA+.
Organizations with a focused mission to support any of these historically marginalized communities may apply for funding to support current or new programming efforts.
EDI Discretionary Funding Grants Areas of Focus
Areas of focus for these grants may be:
• Hiring a consultant to perform an equity audit of an area of your organization such as salary, recruitment and retention, or programming, with a clear action improvement plan.
• Conducting a website accessibility audit with a clear action improvement plan.
• Hiring a consultant to create an EDI plan specifically for your organization that could include diversifying your board and staff, incorporating an EDI practice into your decision making, etc.
• If your organization has an EDI plan, interpretation services for programs and events such as live interpretation (simultaneous interpretation in any language), ASL, or closed captioning
• If your organization has an EDI plan, translation of materials or website to support community engagement and outreach efforts.
• Hiring of an EDI consultant to provide training for your team and board.
• Other initiatives or efforts that advance your EDI efforts.
• If your organization, through its mission, is focused on serving a community that has been historically marginalized per above, the grant may support an existing or new program.
EDI Discretionary Funding Grants Guidelines
• Organizations must be SCFD eligible and must have submitted an accepted application for General Operating Support in Denver County in the most recent application cycle (to be eligible in Denver, organizations must conduct 51% of their annual activities in the City and County of Denver).
• Applications must be for work that will be initiated after the award is approved, even if the program is not a new program. Retroactive awards will not be considered.
• Funds must be used within one year of receipt.
• A short Final Report Form should be filled out at the end of the work.
- EDI Discretionary Funding Grants Application
- Discretionary Grants Final Report Form
FINAL REPORTS UPDATE:
Please submit your final report for any previous Organization Development, Innovative Collaboration or EDI discretionary grants to Georgina Guidotti at Georgina.Guidotti@denvergov.org no later than Monday, Nov. 6, 4 p.m. Per Discretionary Grants guidelines, you must submit a final report before you are able to apply for additional funding. You do NOT need to submit a final report for the 2020 COVID-19 Emergency Fund grants.
EDI Discretionary Grant
Grant Application due: Monday, Nov. 6, 2023 4 p.m.
Final Report from previous grant due: Monday, Nov. 6, 2023 4 p.m.
Committee review: Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2023, 12-2 p.m.
DCCC Approval: Friday, Dec. 8, 2023
For more information, contact:
Denver Arts & Venues