Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion
Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Event Resources
Denver Arts & Venues hosts Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) events throughout the year. Please continue to check back here for newly added resources and to watch previously recorded sessions.
And don't forget to join our mailing list to learn about upcoming JEDI events.
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization Event Series
Virtual event series hosted by Tariana Navas-Nieves – Director, Cultural Affairs, Denver Arts & Venues, and Dwinita Mosby-Tyler – Chief Catalyst, The Equity Project LLC. Each month they will facilitate conversation around the necessary work organizations must commit to in order to be anti-racist.
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization Series with Dwinita & Tariana, Monday, Oct. 18, 1-2:30 p.m. - Register
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization No.1 - 8/3/20
Recorded on 8/3/20. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/445409394
Topics: EDI 101
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization No.2 - 9/14/20
Recorded on 9/14/20. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/459021477
Topics: what organizations can do to take action regarding to Race and Social Justice.
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization No.3 - 10/26/20
Recorded on 10/26/20. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/472659580
• How Do We Respond to the Urgency of the Moment by Slowing Down?
• Call Out Culture and Cancel Culture
• Committing to the work publicly without sounding fake
• Do you sign a public pledge committing to the work?
• How do you "lead from behind" as a White person and the different roles Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) play
• Selecting the "right" consultant
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization No. 4 - 12/14/20
Recorded on 12/14/20. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/491310800
• As we navigate heightened emotions during our current political climate, how do we move forward, build trust, and welcome healthy conflict while still focusing on clear, equitable goals with attainable outcomes?
• The value of assessment and evaluation in equity work – where do you start?
• diversity training work?
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization No. 5 - 2/8/21
Recorded on 2/8/21. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/511198274
• How do we use current events as a way to have difficult yet productive conversations about equity?
• How are these conversations different for BIPOC and White people?
• What does a system of equity look like?
• What is the significance of equity in your organization in 2021?
• Systems of power and how it impacts our approach to the work.
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization No. 6 - 4/12/21
Recorded on 4/12/21. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/536969990
• Systemic Racism -- how did we get here and what does it look like in our organizations?
• What does a system of equity look like in the real world?
• How do we make changes in systems, structures, and policies?
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization No. 7 - 6/22/21
Recorded on 6/22/21. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/562982278
• Is it necessary to conduct demographic surveys in your organization?
• In addition to staff and board - what are other times you can use demographic surveys in your work?
• How to use inclusive language on demographic surveys.
• How to respond if you receive pushback inside and outside your organization on demographic surveys.
• How to use collected data effectively and responsibly.
Other EDI Events
The Color of Conversation: Inspiring a Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Racial Equity Through the Artistic Lens
Recorded on 2/24/21. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/518292389
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion 101
Recorded on 10/11/19. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/370367348
"Denver Talks" - Jennifer Harvey, PH.D. - Raising White Kids: An Anti-Racism Conversation for all
Recorded on 4/16/18. Watch the full event on youtube.com.
Denver Arts & Venues, in partnership with the Agency for Human Rights and Community Partnerships and the Office of the Mayor, hosted Denver Talks: an in-depth discussion with author and educator Jennifer Harvey. Harvey, a professor at Drake University, is a writer, educator and public speaker. Her work focuses on the encounter between religion and ethics, race, gender, activism, politics and spirituality in the U.S. Her greatest passions are racial justice and white anti-racism.
Web Accessibility 101 (Part 1)
Recorded on 7/28/20 Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/442744848
Keeping Your Website Accessible (Part 2)
Recorded on 8/4/20. Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/445080862