In Spring 2013, Denver’s community gathered to provide a strategic vision and future platform for arts, culture and creativity in the City that became IMAGINE 2020 - Denver’s Cultural Plan. IMAGINE 2020 is Denver’s first cultural plan since 1989 and reflects the vision, goals and aspirations of everyone who contributed ideas through the planning process and will help guide resources, support and direction for the City’s arts and culture in all their many forms. It makes a call to action to city agencies, cultural institutions, businesses, civic leaders, neighborhood- and community- based organizations and residents to ensure arts and culture are at the heart of this great city.
THE PLAN & RESOURCES
Read the plan and how it was developed. Learn about the seven Vision Elements or the guiding principles of the plan. See how Denver's opinions and behaviors towards arts and culture changed from 2013 to 2017 with the Public Survey comparison.
The Seven IMAGINE 2020 Vision Elements
- Integration: Arts, culture and creativity are fully integrated into daily life, work and play in Denver.
- Amplification: Arts, culture and creativity are amplified in Denver - and amplify the city to the world.
- Accessibility: Arts, culture and creativity are truly inclusive and accessible for all.
- Lifelong Learning: Exposure, appreciation and participation in arts, culture and creativity span our lifetimes.
- Local Talent: Denver's diverse artistic and creative professionals are locally cultivated and flourishing.
- Economic Vitality: Denver's economic vitality is accelerated by arts, culture and creativity.
- Collective Leadership: Collective leadership is committed to high impact results across Denver.
IMAGINE 2020 Speaker Series
Whether in-person or virtual, the IMAGINE 2020 Speaker Series was created to inspire implementation of all aspects of the cultural plan and offer a forum for conversation, collaboration, education and collective leadership.
Here are some recent IMAGINE 2020 Speaker Series for you to review again. Sign up for the Spotlight newsletter to learn about future events.
Keeping Your Website Accessible (Part 2)
Event date: 8/4/2020
Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/445080862More Information
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization
Event Date: 8/3/20
Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/445409394
Web Accessibility 101 (Part 1)
Event Date: 7/28/2020
Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/442744848
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion 101
Event Date: 10/11/2019
Watch the full session on vimeo - vimeo.com/370367348More Information
Each year, we highlight the incredible work from the community, the Commission on Cultural Affairs and Arts & Venues in support of IMAGINE 2020.
We know the arts strengthen a city. We know the arts enhance our community. We know the arts invigorate our lives. Denver is committed to ensuring the arts continue to grow and thrive. Our annual funding opportunities, grants and cultural investments help drive momentum and make Denver's Cultural Plan a reality.
SEE THE PLAN IN ACTION
IMAGINE 2020 In Action - Stories from our community partners from Denver Arts & Venues on Vimeo.