Events & Programs
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
FIVE POINTS JAZZ FESTIVAL
SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2020
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the annual Five Points Jazz Festival. Without the help of people like you, we could not make this event as successful as it is. Please note that the festival is rain or shine. Please apply to volunteer below. All volunteers must also sign and submit the Volunteer Waiver and Release. If you have any questions and/or would like additional information, please contact Holly at [email protected].
Morning Set-Up, 6:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Morning Set-up Attendants (15 volunteers) - 6:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
The Morning Set-up Attendant positions are physically active positions that require facilitating smooth vendor traffic flow throughout the festival as the vendors are transporting their materials in and out of the event. This volunteer role is critical to the safety of vendors, volunteers and the public during these processes.
- Welcome vendors as they arrive and provide assistance to them as they are setting up
- Direct vendors as they are transporting booths and supplies into and out of the event
- Keep vendor traffic pathways clear at all times
- Help with car flow for load in and out
- Report cars within the area to be towed
- Set up chairs in front of stages and in concessions areas
- At 11 a.m. strike any no-show vendor tents
Signage (8 volunteers needed) 6:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Event signage helps communicate with and direct attendees.
- Post signage for areas including: Medical Services Tent, Kids Zone, All Stages, Alcohol Zones, Information Tables, Concessions, Restrooms, etc.
- A list of signs and several maps will be given out to volunteers to post at the correct locations before 10 a.m.
Volunteers for Festival Hours, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Greeters and Information Specialists 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and 2:30-7:30 p.m. (12 volunteers per shift)
Your key responsibility as Greeter and Information Specialist is to welcome every attendee entering the event and to answer any questions they may have. You must have a smart phone and be knowledgeable about apps and how to download them. As part of our efforts to be a greener festival we have a Five Points Jazz Festival app that will include all the information a guest might need for the day.
- Welcome guests to the event
- Become knowledgeable about where stages, concessions, Kids Zone, and restrooms are located and to answer questions intelligently
- Encourage and help guests download the FIVE POINTS JAZZ FESTIVAL APP with all event information including performance schedules, food and beverage offerings, ATM, ticket and restroom locations, and more.
Water Station Volunteers 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and 2:30-7:30 p.m. (4 volunteers per shift)To promote sustainability practices city-wide, the festival will provide water stations throughout the festival and in advance we will encourage attendees to bring their own bottles from home. Reusable water bottles will be available for purchase on site.
- Assist guests at the stations. We are planning on a beautiful sunny day, so you will be busy!
- Help with wayfinding and guest questions.
Runners and Floaters 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and 2-6:30 p.m. (4 volunteers per shift)
These are extra volunteers to assist on an as-needed basis. If all positions are covered the floaters will provide relief for other volunteers.
- Provide backup support to all areas of the event
- Provide support to attendees as needed
- Deliver ice to stages, vendors, and volunteers as needed
Stagehands 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and 2:30-7:30 p.m. (12 volunteers per shift)
Stagehands will work directly with the Stage Manager to ensure that all artists feel appreciated in providing music for the event and have whatever they need to have a successful performance. Stagehands will rotate to different stages as acts are changing to provide assistance when needed.
- Help performers configure stage in the manner they desire
- Load and unload band equipment to and from trucks
- Assist bands as needed
- Provide any other assistance the stage manager may deem necessary
- Answer festival guests’ questions and provide directions to festival attendees as needed
- Smile and provide pleasant customer service
- Lift and move heavy music and sound equipment
- Will require standing for extended periods of time
Download blank VOLUNTEER WAIVER AND RELEASE here.