Events & Programs
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
FIVE POINTS JAZZ FESTIVAL
SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2018
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 15th Annual Five Points Jazz Festival. Without the help of people like you, we could not make this event as successful as it is. Please note that the festival is rain or shine. Please apply to volunteer below. All volunteers must sign the Volunteer Waiver and Release. If you have any questions and/or would like additional information, please contact Alisha Elliott, Festival and Volunteer Coordinator for the Five Points Jazz Festival, at [email protected] or 303-359-5403.
Morning Set-Up, 6:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Morning Set-up Attendants (15 volunteers)
The Morning Set-up Attendant positions are physically active positions that require facilitating smooth vendor traffic flow throughout the festival as the vendors are transporting their materials in and out of the event. This volunteer role is critical to the safety of vendors, volunteers and the public during these processes.
- Welcome vendors as they arrive and provide assistance to them as they are setting up
- Direct vendors as they are transporting booths and supplies into and out of the event
- Keep vendor traffic pathways clear at all times
- Provide vendors with a map of the event to locate bathrooms, concessions, etc.
- Report cars within the area to be towed
- Set up chairs in front of stages and in concessions areas
- At 11 a.m. strike any no-show vendor tents
Signage (8 volunteers needed)
Event signage helps communicate with and direct attendees.
- Post signage for areas including: Medical Services Tent, Kids Zone, Stages 1 – 8, Alcohol Zones, Information Tables, Concessions, Restrooms, etc.
- A list of signs and several maps will be given out to volunteers to post at the correct locations before 10 a.m.
Volunteers for Festival Hours, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Greeters and Information Specialists 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 2:30-7:30 p.m. (12 volunteers per shift)
Your key responsibility as Greeter and Information Specialist is to welcome every attendee entering the event and to answer any questions he/she may have.
- Welcome guests to the event
- Become knowledgeable about where stages, concessions, Kids Zone, and restrooms are located and to answer questions intelligently
- Point out maps that will be located throughout the Festival
Runners and Floaters 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and 2-6:30 p.m. (4 volunteers per shift)
These are extra volunteers to assist on an as-needed basis. If all positions are covered the floaters can provide relief for other volunteers, as needed. For this position, we are requesting all runners to have a car at the event in the case that additional materials need to be picked up.
- Provide backup support to all areas of the event
- Provide support to attendees as needed
- Deliver ice to stages, vendors, and volunteers as needed
Stagehands 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and 2:30-7:30 p.m. (8 volunteers per shift)
Stagehands will work directly with the Stage Manager to ensure that all artists feel appreciated in providing music for the event and have whatever they need to perform at their best. Stagehands will rotate to different stages as acts are changing to provide assistance when needed.
- Help performers configure stage in the manner they desire
- Load and unload band equipment to and from trucks
- Assist bands as needed
- Provide any other assistance the stage manager may deem necessary
- Answer festival guests’ questions and provide directions to festival attendees as needed
- Smile and provide pleasant customer service
- Lift and move heavy music and sound equipment
- Will require standing for extended periods of time
Stage Managers, 12:30-9 p.m. (1 volunteer per stage)
Responsible for ensuring stage schedule stays on time and running smoothly.
- Arts & Venues Stage, 3-7 p.m.
- Coffee at the Point Indoor Stage, 4-9 p.m.
- Coffee at the Point Outdoor Stage, 4-8:30 p.m.
- 715 Club Stage, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
Festival Day Wrap Up and Tear Down, 6-10 p.m.
Trash removal, tear down 6-10 p.m. (20 volunteers)
Assist in cleaning up after the festival. Everything will need to be cleaned out of the festival area and put into designated pickup areas. Our goal is to restore the festival area to as good as (if not better) condition as prior to the festival.
- Remove all chairs and stack them in designated areas
- Remove trash from along the streets, alleys and sidewalks within festival area
- Remove and stack barriers
- Assist vendors to pack up and move out of the festival
Download blank VOLUNTEER WAIVER AND RELEASE here.