ABOUT CREATE DENVER
Create Denver’s role is to strengthen the overall health, vitality, growth and development of Denver’s diverse and robust creative economy, including artists and culture bearers, non- and for-profit businesses including those in the music, film, fine art, performance art, design and fashion industries, as well as cultural districts and community-lead development organizations.
Create Denver provides research, policy development and advocacy avenues to support the talented and dynamic creative community while recognizing its role in making Denver vibrant and economically vital. Additionally, Create Denver catalyzes the creative sector to become a cohesive collective, by providing educational programming, funding opportunities and platforms to allow our creative community to become more sustainable.
Highlights of Denver’s Metropolitan Region’s Creative Economy
- The Denver metropolitan region’s creative industries support 96,358 jobs and there are 88,217 employed in creative occupations across multiple industries within the region. Employment in the region’s creative industries grew by 29% between 2010 and 2019 with an addition of 21,546 jobs. Employment in creative occupations grew by 28% in the same time period with an addition of 19,429 jobs.
- The top five clusters of creative industries in the Denver metropolitan region by employment in 2019 include Music, Theater, Dance, and Visual Arts (33,776 jobs), Design and Advertising (14,072 jobs), Architecture and Living Spaces (11,965 jobs), Creative Technology (11,951 jobs), and Film, Television, and Radio (10,252 jobs).
- The top five clusters of creative industries in the Denver metropolitan region with the greatest growth in employment from 2010 to 2019 include Creative Technology (77%), Architecture and Living Spaces (47%), Music, Theater, Dance, and Visual Arts (43%), Culture and Heritage (41%), Design and Advertising (25%).
- Creative industries in the Denver metropolitan region produced $16.2 billion in sales of goods and services (sales revenue) in 2019 which represents 4% of all goods and services sold within the region.
- The top 3 clusters of creative industries in the Denver metropolitan region by sales of goods and services (sales revenue) in 2019 include Creative Technology ($4.8 billion), Film, Television, and Radio ($4.0 billion), and Design and Advertising ($1.9 billion).
If you're interested in learning more about Create Denver, please contact Program Administrator, Lisa Gedgaudas: [email protected].